Today, growth in business is dependent on technology and the use of data in transactions. We have observed a significant increase in tech transactions to acquire new platforms/programs or through a partnership to bring a new service to market. In this podcast, along with my co-presenter and partner LiLing Poh, we explore the legal issues we are navigating in these deals and provide some practical tips in the following areas:
- considerations for a cross-border transaction, including data controls and compliance obligations
- coordination with vendors, middlemen and other third-parties
- advising on information exchange and reasonable security measures when working with in-house IT teams
- navigating highly-regulated sectors
- understanding corruption and FCPA considerations
- protecting ownership of intellectual property
Tune in below to learn more.